Ordering a model is easy and we’ll be happy to walk you through the following simple steps:
- Tell us what area you would like modeled.
- Tell us what size you would like your model.
- We provide details about your model.
- Verify the basic details.
- Tell us what other design elements you would like – cities, roads, trails, points of interest, etc.
- We provide a formal quote for your model.
- You place your order!
Remember, there is no obligation to purchase until you’re ready to place your order.
Step 1 : Tell us what area you would like modeled:
- First, we need to know the geographic area that you want your model to represent. We call this your AOI, or “Area of Interest.”
- This can be accomplished in many different ways, here are just a few examples:
- Specify opposing corner map coordinates like this: NW = W119.34 N34.21 SE = W118.33 N31.01. Coordinates can be in any format that we can decipher (Lat/Lon, UTM, etc).
- Specify your area in Google Earth and send us a KMZ file. Here are instructions on how to do this: How to use Google Earth to define your model scene
- Specify your area in a GIS Shape File.
- Specify a place by name, city, town, park name, etc.
- Specify street intersections located at the corners of your AOI.
- Send us a map with a line drawn around your area of interest.
- Or, any other way you can think of that will get us close!
Step 2 : Tell us what size you would like your model.
- We’ll need to know the dimensions you’d like your model to be – both width and height.
Step 3 : We provide details about your model.
We will provide you with an image of your AOI, some technical information about the area, and details about the model. Here’s an example of what you’ll receive:
Step 4 – Verify the basic details:
Now is your chance to adjust the boundary of the AOI if we did not get it quite right. Sometimes we get it perfect on the first try, sometimes we don’t. So, please feel free to dial us in!
Step 5 – Tell us what other design elements you would like on the model:
- Once the boundary of the model is determined, we will need a list of items that you would like to have included on your printed model – borders, roads, legend, points of interest, etc.
- Any items that can be printed on a map or photograph can be included on your model.
- Feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to discuss your project and make recommendations.
- Or, if you’d like to supply the data, cartography or design for your model, just let us know.
Step 6 – We provide a formal quote for your model.
Step 7 – You place your order!