SOLID TERRAIN MODELING, INC. — LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty is valid for all Solid Terrain Modeling products. Solid Terrain Modeling, Inc. warrants to the end-user customer that products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, for a period of one (1) year after the date of purchase by the original customer.
II. Limited Warranty
Subject to the obligations and exclusions below, Solid Terrain Modeling, Inc., (STM) warrants the product components against defects in materials or workmanship, when the product is used for its intended purpose, for a period of one (1) year for parts and labor from the date of the first customer purchase. STM will repair or replace at its option, the product or any of its parts that fail to conform to this warranty during the term of this warranty. STM may at its option replace or repair the product using new or refurbished parts. All replaced parts shall become property of STM.
- 1. All returned products will be subject to inspection by STM, to determine whether the defect occurred through proper use or abuse.
- a. If the returned product is deemed 100% functional after inspection by STM, the customer will be charged a one hundred dollar ($100.00) restocking fee.
- b. If, after inspection, STM has determined that the returned product has been improperly used, the customer will be invoiced for replacement product.
- 2. STM’s liability under this Limited Warranty shall in no event exceed the lesser cost of (1) authorized repairs (2) replacement with similar features (3) reimbursement for authorized repairs or replacements (4) the price you, the original purchaser, paid for the product.
- 3. This Limited Warranty does not apply to repairs or replacements necessitated by any cause beyond the control of STM, including, but not limited to, any malfunction, defects, or failures which in the opinion of STM are caused by or resulting from improper care and maintenance, modification or repair by the user, abuse, misuse, neglect, accident, fire, flood, or other acts of God, or normal wear and tear.
- 4. This Limited Warranty does not apply to damage that occurs during unpacking, setup, or installation; removal of the product for repair; or reinstallation of the product after repair. The foregoing is in lieu of all other express warranties and STM does not assume or authorize any party to assume for it any obligations or liability.
- 5. This Limited Warranty may not be changed by any person, agency, distributor, dealer, or company, without prior written authority from STM.
- 6. The duration of any warranties which may be implied by law (including the warranties of merchantability and fitness) is limited to the term of this Limited Warranty. In no event shall STM be liable for lost profits, incidental or consequential damages arising from ownership of this product or for any delay in the performance of its obligations under this Limited Warranty.
III. Returning Hardware
Before returning product for warranty service you must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
- 1. To obtain an RMA number, please contact us. Be sure to describe the problem and/or defect in detail to ensure the best possible service.
Solid Terrain Modeling, Inc.
340 Fillmore Street
Fillmore, CA 93015
Tel: (805) 524-7307 (8am-5pm PT)
FAX: (805) 524-1973, Attn: Warranty Issue
- 2. Shipping Instructions – After obtaining an RMA number complete shipping instructions and/or next steps will be provided. Note: Proper crating in the product’s original container or equivalent materials will be required. (this Limited Warranty does not cover damage that occurs during this shipping). Write the RMA number on the outside of the box and ship it to the above address.
The customer may trade in out of warranty defective hardware for replacement with an equivalent refurbished unit for fifty percent (50%) of the price of the new hardware.
Please direct inquiries regarding warranty coverage to the team at Solid Terrain Modeling, we’re here to help!